6 – 9 AUGUST 2019, SEC, GLASGOW
(ACADEMY PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS ON 5 AUGUST 2019)
THE WORLD CONGRESS OF THE
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE
SCIENTIFIC STUDY OF INTELLECTUAL
AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
Organised Tours through Glasgow and Scotland
Tour operators, such as Rabbies, offer delegates a range of tours pre/post conference.
IASSIDD 2019 delegates will receive a special discount with Rabbies of 10% off of all tours!
These friendly small group tours of Scotland take you beyond the guidebooks with a driver-guide who tells you laugh-out-loud stories, connects you with historic tales, and immerses you in music and culture. If you’re lucky, they may even sing for you!
Choose from a wide variety of tours and visit Scotland’s most iconic landmarks, such as Loch Ness, the Highlands, or Skye. Or (if you have more time) you can embark on an adventure to the remote reaches of Orkney, Mull, and the Outer Hebrides.
Glasgow has a plethora of downloadable self-guide walks and trails as well as variety of commercial and volunteer walking tours that will take you around the city. Click here for more information on tours in the following districts:
- Central Glasgow – that spans from the High Street towards the west end and Charing Cross
- East End – includes walks from High Street towards the river
- Citywide – these trails take you across the city
- North – discover more in the north of the city
- West End – find out something new in west of the city
- Southside – explore the south of the Clyde